Monday, April 19, 2010

Sweet Disposition

Weirdly enough I woke up about 15 minutes before my alarm went off and felt completely awake despite only having about 6 1/2 hours of sleep. I was starving and quickly consumed a steamy bowl of oats.
1/3 cup of oats, w/ 1/2 banana, & almond butter

I've been too lazy to make it to the grocery lately so I have been guilty of frequenting Starbucks far too often & tossing away one too many venti plastic cups. Can you tell where I am in this photo?

Venti ice coffee w/ sf hazelnut & soy milk

Tanning salon! I know, I know tanning beds are so bad for you... I just hate being pasty & all of that artificial sunlight always gives me an endorphin boost. I listened to Temper Trap's Sweet Disposition on Pandora with my phone while tanning. This song always puts me in the best mood : ) I use Pandora everywhere- on my phone by the pool or on my computer in my room, anywhere music can be played.

For lunch I brought these packed eats to school:

Grilled zuchinni, sweet mustard, tofurky, soy cheese, and vegenaise, on ezekiel bread.

Sandwich hanging out next to a fuji apple.
Later on in the library I also had a luna lemon zest bar. This bar really seemed to lighten up the dark & dreary library.
By the time dinner rolled around I was ravenous. Decided to make this TJ's stir fry that has been hanging out in my fridge for way to long.

I beefed it up with TJ's chicken-less strips. I always buy these but rarely use them, I'm not sure why though because they were pretty tasty.

I switched up the sauce a bit because the sauce that comes with it usually is too sweet for my taste. In a blender I put 1/4 package silken tofu, miso paste, a splash of vegetable broth, and black bean and garlic sauce. It tasted awful at first so I gave in and added the packaged sauce to it. It was still a little off. Finally I added a bunch of sriracha and it tasted delish. Ohh sriracha how I love you.


Like my pretty plating?

I ate most of this even the though the package said 3 servings. What can I say? I was hungry. Hope you have had a great day.

3 comments:

  1. Love the sriracha decoration! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i remember you were the one 2 summers ago who got me into trader joe's :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm guilty of getting starbucks a little too often as well. will have to try the hazelnut!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment,I love reading any feedback that you may have. Thanks for stopping by and reading my blog. Cheers!