Thursday, April 22, 2010

Cancun!


Hola Todos, I've been enjoying the past two days in Cancun. Lots of presentations and laying out in the sun it's been great! I've developed quite the sunburn.
Day 1
I had to wake up at 5 AM because my flight left at 8. I only slept a few hours the night before so I was definitely in need of some coffee. Look it's still dark out!

When I got to the airport of course I was the first one of my group there so I sat around and did homework and ate a Mojo bar while I waited. These bars are the best, this was a peanut butter pretzel flavor.

The flight was not bad at all only 4 hours and I got to talk to fellow psych nerds on the plane, it was great : ) I packed a sandwich with almond butter, agave, and 1/2 banana on ezekiel bread. I also munched on the snack mix they gave us- soy nuts!

As soon as I got to the hotel my teacher and I headed straight to the beach which was beautiful. White sand and crystal clear water. We were there for only about 5 minutes though before it started pouring. I enjoyed some of TJ's kettle corn while gazing out at the ocean.

That night we went to one of the restaurants at the hotel (Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun). It was basically just fancy Mexican food, which really is not my style. If i'm going to eat Mexican I prefer it to be authentic. I had one of the appetizers which consisted of three little tortillas w/ smashed black beans, lettuce, and avocado on top. It really was not that great, so I got a side of black beans too.

Afterwards we went to the lounge/bar and feasted on one of my favorites- guac and chips with really spicy salsa. Had some pretty funny experiences being hit on by other psych nerds at the convention.

Day 2:
Breakfast was amazing! Fresh fruit- melon, papaya (ick), pineapple, and watermelon. I also had whole wheat toast w/ Jam, lots of coffee, and freshly squeezed OJ.

Afterwards I went to a presentation on clinical psych followed by one on close relationships. I felt like quite the professional dressed up in all of my newly bought business gear. When we were finished we headed straight to the pool. The weather was insanely beautiful.


Cheers!
We had more chips & guac for lunch by the pool. They seem to put cheese on top of everything, so I have had quite a time having to pick all of it off.

That night there was a little "meet and great" with everyone at the convention. They had a big spread with lots and lots of food. I piled my tiny plate up super high and went back for more chips. It included plantain chips, sweet potato chips, bread roll, nuts, pineapple, olives, pico de gallo, and of course- more guacamole. Look forward to lots of more pics! Wish me luck tomorrow, I have my first presentation early in the morning!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment,I love reading any feedback that you may have. Thanks for stopping by and reading my blog. Cheers!