Monday, April 26, 2010

Back to the Bu Just in Time for Finals

It looks like I caught a bit of a cold on the the flight back from Cancun, which is a bummer especially considering that I have finals this week and will posted up in a cubicle in the library studying. Get ready to see lots of pictures of food taken in the wooden box which will become my 'home away from home' until this Thursday.
Breakfast over the past 2 days has been pretty standard. Nothing new here, just Luna Bars and Ice Coffee.












After being deprived of vegetables in Cancun, I was craving veggies like no other. I headed to the cafe at school and grabbed all of the veggies that they had at the salad bar and piled them up on my tray.

Buried underneath was spinach and on top were shredded carrots, tomatoes, corn, chick peas, raw broccoli, and sun flower seeds. I doused all of this is BBQ sauce.

After studying for awhile I munched on some on Stacey's pita chips and had a diet coke.













Cami brought me this enormous Subway sandwich for dinner while I was studying, which led to a fit of giggles for about 30 minutes as I attempted to eat this monster. It included 12 inches of omega 3 bread w/ spinach, tomatoes, onions, jalapenos, pickles, and olives w/ lots of sweet onion sauce and honey mustard.


I woke up today with the worse headache ever, and went straight to the pharmacy to get some meds so that I could last through the day. I also stopped by the Vitamin Barn and had an immunity shot which is made of ginger, garlic, and lots of other things that are good for your immune system. It tastes terrible, but it works miracles. For lunch I made Tj's carrot ginger soup w/ a piece of ezekiel bread w/ lots of earth balance spread on top. I wish I could say that this was really delicious, but my taste buds are totally shot.


I stopped by the Jamba Juice on campus and had them make me a dairy free cold buster smoothie. The library has also been feeding my crack (coffee) addiction by providing free coffee during finals week.

After I came home from taking my first final (in public speaking class, I think I did pretty well), I made some banana nut muffins and caesar salad dressing for the picnic that my advanced research class in having tomorrow. It is so nice just turning in a paper rather than having to take a final.
Caesar salad dressing from Real Food Daily cookbook.

I made up my own recipe for the muffins.

Banana Nut Muffins

1 ¾ whole wheat flour

1 ¼ Splenda brown sugar

1 tablespoon baking powder

¼ teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon cinnamon

¼ teaspoon allspice

2 ripe large bananas

1 tablespoon soy yogurt

½ cup almond soy milk

½ cup vegetable oil

2 tablespoons maple syrup

1 teaspoon vanilla

¼ cup walnuts

Preheat oven to 400 F. Grease muffin tins with spray on oil. Sift together dry ingredients (flour through allspice). In a separate bowl, mash bananas and then mix in wet ingredients (soy yogurt through vanilla). Pour wet into dry and combine. Mix in walnuts. Fill muffin tins 2/3 of the way. Bake for 15 minutes. Makes about 15.

Tada!

I really have no appetite right now since I'm sick so I just had 2 of these muffins for dinner w/ earth balance, and from what I can tell they seemed pretty good. I'll let you know what my class thinks of them.

1 comment:

  1. i made banana muffins recently too! i'll blog about it soon :)

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment,I love reading any feedback that you may have. Thanks for stopping by and reading my blog. Cheers!