Thursday, April 8, 2010

Quick & Effortless

On my drive back from Ojai this morning I stopped by Starbucks & grabbed a venti iced coffee w/ soy milk and sugar-free hazelnut syrup and a Kind bar. As always they spelled my name wrong with an "I" and not an "A", at least it wasn't spelled with a "K" like they sometimes do. I had never tried a Kind Bar before; this one was cranberry and almond. It was pretty good- chewy and very nutty- but I normally prefer a bar with a grain in it. I don't know if it was because I was taking pictures of my food or because I just looked that awful from the night before (I only got about 5 hours of sleep), but everyone kept staring at my friend, Cami, and me like we were crazy.... oh well, you can't win them all.













For lunch I also tried something quick, new & effortless. This time it was Trader Joe's Frozen Channa Masala. I just nuked it really quick, and ate it with 1/2 of an ezekiel pita. It was delicious. Indian food is by far my favorite type of food and for being frozen it was great- spicy & oily, but not too bad on calories considering (360).


Before class I stopped and grabbed one of these babies...
Komucha in Rasberry Rush flavor. This fellow blogger turn me onto them awhile back, and I love drinking them but they are just so darn expensive that I can't justify paying that amount of cash. Check out my super cool tights though from Forever 21.



Dinner consisted of this above very green and busy salad: TJ's herb salad mix, 1/4 cup garbanzo beans, asparagus, 1/4 cup corn, baby carrots, and 1/2 small avo w/ a tablespoon of spicy peanut vinaigrette. I was still a bit hungry afterwards so I had the other half of my Ezekiel pita w/ a scoop of red pepper hummus, BBQ sauce, and sprouts.



I finished off the night w/ a soy ice cream sandwich, these things are the best only 90 calories and they satisfy any type of sweet tooth you are having.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment,I love reading any feedback that you may have. Thanks for stopping by and reading my blog. Cheers!