Saturday, June 5, 2010

Wannabe Australian Bada**

Now I'm not really sure what the protocol is on bringing food into different countries. I'm pretty sure that it's okay to bring packaged foods with you, but I still felt like I was smuggling these Luna Bars into Australia. How could I go without my lemon zest? Sometimes being a bada** comes down to the little things. I had one for a small lunch while studying yesterday.
We took a break to get an early dinner, & went to this sketchy Japanese place at the recommendation of James' friend Joel. While the combo of a vegetable sushi roll & veggie udon noodle soup was cheap ($10 AU), I was a little irked by the sight of some floating hot-pink-dyed pieces of gelatin in my soup.
Don't worry that's not fish eggs on top, just some weird sauce.
Dinner was a bit funky but it kept me full for a long time. I munched on some chili limi cashews before bed. These were not the Trader Joe's kind but almost as good.
This morning I woke up bright & early and walked down the street to go to my daily coffee provider- The Paddington Grind. I had a soy latte w/ 2 equal & some Vegemite on turkish bread.
Yes there was butter on that bread. Yes I ate it. Bada** I know.
Like a true wannabe Australian bada**, I put some more vegemite on that turkish bread when I got home.
Afterwards, I put on my wettie (wetsuit), headed down to Maroubra beach w/ the Bra Boys, and jumped in the surf.
No way! I am not that big of a bada**. I watched James & his friends surf for a while until it started drizzling & headed to a nearby cafe to enjoy my new Ayn Rand book Atlas Shrugged and a soy chai latte. This chai latte was $5.40 AU can you believe it? redonkulous.
By the time the boys got out of the surf it was lunchtime so James & I headed to Nando's in Maroubra. I had the veg pita w/ no mayo, and hot peri-peri sauce. The little flag says "for the adventurous heat seeker".... guess that's me.
Close up
Look at all of the sauces that ended up on our table! I'm such a bada** that I'm sure you can guess that I dipped my pita in the extra, extra hot peri-peri sauce. My mouth was on fire afterwards!

1 comment:

  1. Ah yummy food pictures! I just finished eating dinner and now I'm hungry again! xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment,I love reading any feedback that you may have. Thanks for stopping by and reading my blog. Cheers!