Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Lagunatic

I've been slacking on blogging this week so this is going to be a long post, but a good one w/ lots of yummy food!
Wednesday:
The usual breakfast- coffee & a Lemmon Zest Luna Bar

The waitress told us about a new appetizer that has yet to be put on the menu. I think it was called a sea patty, because it is supposed to be like a crab cake but made w/ arame and done in a pesto sauce. Cami and I both agreed that it was absolutely delicious. I loved the plating too.

For my main I stuck with my old favorite the club sandwich.
This sandwich is to die for. It was enormous and came with a caesar salad on the side w/ my favorite croutons. It has thick breaded seitan that is crisp on the outside and moist on the inside, crispy salty tempeh bacon, soft chewy bread, loads of creamy vegeneise, lettuce, tomato, and avocado. I'm salivating as I write this.
I was totally stuffed after lunch- when I came home I unwound w/ a glass of chardonnay. I think my kitty apple wanted some too.
My mom made a very delicious white bean, broccolini rigatoni dish, which reminded me of minnestroni soup. I rarely eat pasta because I usually pig out too when I have it, what can I say I'm a carbaholic.
I added meatless meatballs to mine and my mom made a separate batch w/ sausage for the rest of the family.
Here is the recipe- Sauté 1 chopped white onion and 3 cloves garlic in olive oil in a large skillet. Add heads of 2 bunches of broccoli rabbe, and sauté until mostly cooked. Then add 8 cups of vegetable broth and 2 ounces of tomato paste and cook on medium heat until mixture begins to boil. Add ½ box of enriched whole-wheat rigatoni and 1 can of white beans. Cook until al dente.

Thursday:
Looking back on my Thursday eats there seem to be a whole lot of brown drinks, first beginning w/ a cup of joe.
Then I made a smoothie w/ one of Trader Joes's new products, Almond Butter w/ Roasted Flax Seeds. I love flax seeds but I don't eat them enough. I think that this product will replace my normal almond butter from now on.
Smoothie w/ above almond butter, plus ice, half a banana, left over coffee, and half a cup of vanilla almond milk

Brown drink number 2
For lunch I was at the hospital again visiting by grandma, so I had the only thing that looked edible in the cafeteria- a big ole' salad. Mixed lettuce, garbanzo beans, peas, carrots, baby tomatoes, all dipped in a rasberry vinaigrette.
Of course I needed some carbs on the side.I had a whole wheat dinner roll.
As I was waiting to pick up the girls from the bus stop I went and grabbed my third brown drink of the day- blended vanilla ice coffee from Cafe Vienna. Icy deliciousness.

For dinner I hapazardly put something together and had even more peas & corn. I really don't know what I would do without frozen food. Everything from this meal down to the brown rice from Costco was frozen.
Brown rice w/ corn, peas, and meatless meatballs (I added mango chutney & BBQ sauce).
After quickly scarfing down this meal I headed out for a night on the town in Laguna w/ my chicas Dru & Raveena. I think we went to almost every bar in Laguna- first Gina's Pizza for pitchers of Stella (more brown drinks)...
then to Big Fish for mojitos...
then to the Saloon for this crazy yummy pineapple drink where I bumped into one too many people from high school...
then we walked to Blue Laguna, then Hush, and ended up at the Sand Piper where we danced the night away. Here is Dru getting her funk on
and me and her canoodling/dancing? Don't mind my insane roots, i've been refusing to cut/color my hair for the past few months.
It was a really great night, lots of fun- Dru & I did some serious snacking when we got home late night, but luckily I didn't take any photos so there is no evidence except for me feeling bloated this morning. This post is already long enough, so I will share my eats from today w/ you tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. woah everything was over-sized in this post! the sandwich tower, giant mojito, and the big pineapple jar.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment,I love reading any feedback that you may have. Thanks for stopping by and reading my blog. Cheers!