Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Crash

On Sunday night I went to go use my macbook, only to find a big question mark staring back at me in the screen and my computer unable to start up. Yesterday I brought it into Mac and they told me that my hard drive had crashed, and of course NO I do not have an external hard drive that I had backed up my files on. This has been one of those things that I have been putting off and putting off. They replaced my hard drive for free because my macbook is still under warranty, but all of my computer settings, photos, songs, papers, etc... are gone : ( I'm not going to dwell on it, but it is a bummer.
I do have my pics from Sunday afternoon though because I hadn't uploaded them on my computer yet.
While packing my sister's lunches for the next day I snacked on some peanut butter filled pretzels.
No preservatives, no artificial colors or flavors- I'm sold, and I'm sure it has nothing to do w/ the fact that they are filled w/ creamy peanut butter and have a crunchy pretzel shell. Addiction.

For dinner I had a monster raw salad.
Mixed greens w/ raw corn, sugar plum tomatoes, & shredded carrots. Topped w/ hummus.
My sister snapped a pic of my drinking a glass of chardonnay while working on the computer. Busted.
Post dinner I nibbled on some KooLoos while watching Date Night w/ my sisters.
I had never tried these before and decided to pick them up from Costco. They are little soy nuts topped in a crunchy flax seed coating w/ a honey BBQ seasoning. They would be good to satisfy a BBQ chip craving as they taste like healthy junkfood. I love oxymorons and this one couldn't be more fitting.
On monday morning I woke up and had a big cup of coffee w/ vanilla, soy milk creamer while I read Ayn Rand's book The Fountainhead. My friend Dru has been bugging me to read this forever, and now I understand why. It is soo good I havenot been able to put it down.
With my coffee and book I had a TJ's apple, cranberry, fiber mini-muffins heated up & topped w/ a pat of light Smart Balance. These muffins are delicious, plus they have simple ingredients and are vegan and low-cal.
As I read and ate breakfast I enjoyed the view from my balcony...
and played w/ my puppy Bondi.
Later I went to the mall to get my macbook fixed, and do a quick shop. My mom and I ate at the food court, and stopped by this delicious little place that I cannot remember the name for the life of me.
First you pick out your fresh veggies and a sauce and they add noodles....
and then they cook it in front of you on a a big Mongolian grill.
I added more sriracha & sesame seeds. So yummy & filling. Unlike a lot of other Asian restaurants where the sauce is often really heavy and greasy, this one is quite light.
Later on as I packed my sister's lunches I snacked on some of TJ's Honey, Pass the Snack Mix.
Sometimes I love little kid food.
For dinner I decided to keep on snacking starting w/ a piece of baguette bread w/ hummus, roasted eggplant, and spicy mango chutney.
I had some self restraint and put down the carbage, and ate some more chutney and hummus paired w/ carrots and celery.

2 comments:

  1. The weather looks insane, along with those peanut butter filled pretzels...mm only salt is the missing ingredient.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh. my god. YUM :)
    loving the blog
    great posts!
    stop by some time xx

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment,I love reading any feedback that you may have. Thanks for stopping by and reading my blog. Cheers!